API 653 covers Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration, and Reconstruction. This inspection method promotes safe storage and material handling of petroleum products in a manner that protects employees, the public, and the environment. It was developed with the participation of storage tank owner/users, and establishes a uniform national program that will assist companies as well as state and local governments in aboveground storage tank regulations.
Our API 653 inspectors are willing to carry-out all necessary inspections and evaluations for above ground storage tanks inclusive and not limited to the following :
- Developing an inspection plan in coordination with client corrosion specialists.
- Evaluation of tank roof, shell, bottom plate , and annular ring plates.
- Determination of controlling thickness for each shell plate utilizing standard formula.
- Determination of the minimum acceptable shell plate thickness for continued service and also determination of hydrostatic test height.
- Determination of minimum remaining thickness/minimum acceptable bottom thickness for the entire bottom or portions.
- Determination of annular ring plate minimum thickness.
- Conducting external & internal inspection of tanks as per API 653 & client company procedure if any, to whichever is more stringent.Â
- Establishing of initial and subsequent inspection intervals and frequencies.Â
- Make the appropriate repair or mitigative recommendations on the basis of API 650 equivalence. Authorization of any repairs and designating the inspection hold points for the repair activity.
- Approval of all proposed design, work execution, material, welding procedures, examinations & testing methods for the specified repair or alteration.
- Follow-up all repair & alteration activities.
- Evaluation of tank bottom settlement.